Why study BSc (Hons) Games Software Engineering at BU?:
- Strong focus on specialist units to give you a broad range of software engineering skills that can be put to good use in the context of games programming.
- Educated by professional practitioners, expert academics and interesting guest lecturers
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games.
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course).
- We have regular contact with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, and others.
- Regular guest lectures from some of the leading names in the industry.
For September 2022 entry: We are currently developing a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. This page will be updated with more information in October 2021. Please register your interest and we will email you when the foundation year option is open for applications
BU is a member of The Independent Games Developers’ Association (TIGA), and our Games courses have been nominated by TIGA for Best Educational Institution.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered