This information relates to Bournemouth University's charitable status as required by the Office for Students (OfS).
Bournemouth University is a Higher Education Corporation created by statute and is an exempt charity. This means that it is not required to register with the Charity Commission so does not have a registered charity number. Bournemouth University is responsible to the Office for Students as principal regulator for Higher Education Institutions in England that are exempt charities. Principal regulators must promote exempt charities’ compliance with charity law and work with the Charity Commission.
Legal name and address for correspondence
Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation (known as Bournemouth University)
Main constitutional documents
- Articles of Government (pdf 30kb)
- Instrument of Government (pdf 628kb)
- Signed Order (pdf 284.48kb)
- Scheme of Delegation (pdf 156kb)
- University Board Statement of Primary Responsibilities (pdf 73kb)
- Scheme of Delegation 2019 (pdf 244kb)
- Scheme of Delegation 2018 (pdf 128kb)
- Scheme of Delegation 2017 (pdf 114kb)
- Scheme of Delegation 2016 (pdf 129kb)
- Articles of Government (pdf 978kb)
- Instrument of Government (pdf 1.4mb)
Names of trustees
The University Board members are also the University's charitable trustees.
- The consolidated Financial Statements of Bournemouth University.