Why study BSc (Hons) Games Design at BU?:
- Explore level design, interactive storytelling, narrative development, interface design, games analytics, scripting for game creation, plus 3D modelling and texturing
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course)
- Benefit from our industry connections and guest lectures with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, Playground Games, Boss Alien, Media Molecule, and others
- As well as the games industry, you’ll be prepared for a career in a range of sectors including digital technologies, architectural visualisation, mixed and virtual realities, and the wider digital creative industry
- This course received an impressive 94% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
BU is a member of The Independent Games Developers’ Association (TIGA), and our Games courses have been nominated by TIGA for Best Educational Institution.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered