Why study BSc (Hons) Software Engineering at BU?
- Use your creativity and problem-solving skills and learn how to apply them to software development principles to develop innovative solutions to real-world problems
- Explore how to design software systems so they can be easily maintained and evaluated to ensure they match user and organisational requirements
- In addition to core computing skills, you’ll gain experience of using a variety of programming languages and frameworks to develop technical systems
- You'll gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- Career opportunities are broad and can include roles such as computer programmer, web developer, software engineer, IT solution analyst or app developer
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Take a look at the courses here.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.