Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science and Artificial Intelligence at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to select, use and combine a variety of machine learning tools, technologies and methods to meet the dynamic data analytical demands in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills to implement, apply and optimise machine learning algorithms such as deep learning and neural networks, as well as developing real-world industry-inspired data applications for any organisation
- Engage in a series of practical industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and beyond
- Study and practise in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise-grade hardware and fully virtualisation-ready enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one, entering an industry with huge predicted growth in the next decade
- You'll be qualified to work as a Data Science professional in all sectors where data analytics plays a critical role. Within 15 months of finishing the course, 91% of graduates are in employment or further study.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the technical skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Following our recent UG course periodic review completed in 2022, we are currently working with BCS to accredit all new courses with a view for all courses to have backdated accreditation to the first year they started running.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 3 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 4-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.