Why study BSc (Hons) Games Software Engineering at BU?
- Strong focus on specialist units to give you a broad range of software engineering skills that can be put to good use in the context of games programming
- Educated by professional practitioners, expert academics and regular guest lectures from some of the leading names in the industry.
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course)
- We have regular contact with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, and others
- You'll be career ready with 90% of graduates from our computer games and animation courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the creative skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
This course is industry-recognised by TIGA, the trade association representing the video games industry, and carries the TIGA quality mark which indicates courses producing the very best industry ready graduates. The course affords students with excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaborations, which is highly valued within the game development industry.
Watch our Games courses facility tour and see what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time with an optional 4 week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered