Why study MAccFin (Hons) Accounting & Finance at BU?
- Learn from diverse array of professional guest speakers and highly qualified and experienced lecturers
- Enjoy the flexibility to tailor your learning with optional units to suit your ambitions in areas such as Investment Management, Risk Modelling and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- Our alumni go on to work for companies such as Barclays Bank Plc, Deloitte and Deutsche Bank
- Get a head start in your career: this course with multiple accreditations will exempt you from specific early-stage professional exams.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accreditation bodies on our MAccFin (Hons) Accounting & Finance course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Chartered Institution of Management Accountants (CIMA) accreditation highlights our commitment to helping you boost your employability and will exempt you from specific early-stage professional exams
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation offers some exemptions from exams required to become a Chartered Accountant.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 5 years full-time, or 6 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.