Why study BSc (Hons) Economics at BU?
- Develop an understanding of financial approaches and gain related mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills essential for starting a career in the global market
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Study abroad at one of our international partner institutions in Australia, Canada and Europe
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways
- Learn from expert, qualified senior staff many of whom are actively engaged in research and/or professional practice – 94% of our graduates think our staff are good at explaining things.
Interested in studying the Bachelor’s degree course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the general business and management skills required for Economics, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting bodies on our BSc (Hons) Economics course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation provides graduates with the opportunity to be exempt from some of the exams required to become a Chartered Accountant.
See what it’s like to study at the Business School
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time, or 5 years with a minimum 30-week work placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.