Why study BA (Hons) Accounting at BU?
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the sector in your first year with the flexibility to transfer to a different specialism within accounting and finance at the end of the year
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Compete in the IBM Challenge through a series of simulated business exercises, allowing you to develop your employability and meet potential employers
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- 95% of our graduates are working or studying fifteen months after graduating.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for those who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in Business & Management, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Accounting course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the Bournemouth University Business School experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 6% of business schools worldwide
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation offers some exemptions from exams required to become a Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) accreditation highlights our commitment to helping you boost your employability and will exempt you from specific early-stage professional exams.
Bournemouth University is recognised as an Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Partner in Learning, working with ICAEW in the professional development of students. This allows our graduates to apply for exemption from up to 8 of the 15 exams which are required to obtain its prestigious ACA qualification.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30- week work placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points including 1 A-level or equivalent . For more information check out our full entry requirements.