The 15th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference
On Wednesday 29 November 2023, the Doctoral College hosted the 15th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference.
The conference offers postgraduate researchers the chance to showcase and promote their research using different methods.
Postgraduate Research Showcase
Did you miss the latest Postgraduate Research Conference? Do not worry you will be able to visit the Atrium Gallery on Talbot Campus in January to view a selection of the posters that were exhibited on the day.
Half of the posters are now on display, these will then be swapped out for the remaining posters halfway through the exhibition, which will be displayed until Friday 23 February. Just pop by when it suits you to see some of the amazing research that is taking place at BU.
We will be holding a celebration event on Wednesday 7 February 2024, with more information available via the Doctoral College Brightspace.
A Virtual Exhibition is also available below where you can view the online version of the posters.
See below for the posters that were displayed at the latest conference:
- Adam Sewell, FHSS - Using a time-lag analysis from ecology to quantify the rate and patterns of variability in team sports
- Adele McMahon, FHSS - Their Photos, Their Voice: What Young People Say About Their Experience as Adolescent Parents in the Child Protection System
- Afnan Saleh Batterjee, FST - Semiotic Analysis and Design Strategy for Preserving Cultural Heritage in Najd Doors
- Amrik Singh, FHSS - An exploration of the impact of LGBT+ representative mock-juries on mock-juror bias and guilty verdicts in transphobic hate crime cases
- Aziean Jamin, BUBS - Validating Measurement model of PLS-SEM Higher-order Constructs using Modified Theory of Planned Behaviour (TPB)
- Caterina Franzon, FST - Are French adults consuming soft dairy products? A study exploring dairy intakes and eating patterns among French adults aged 18-44 years old
- Cathy Beresford, FHSS - Experiences of care in advanced liver disease
- Christine Vincent, FHSS - Empowering Community Voice: Involving the Public in Health Research
- Damla Kuleli, FST - Influence of social anxiety on embodied face perception during affective social interactions: An EEG study in virtual reality
- Danielle Guy, FST - The effects of dietary changes towards sustainability on dietary profiles, environmental footprint, and cost.
- Dumitrita-Dorina Hirtie, FMC - Coaching Practices: A Narrative Literature Review
- Elizabeth Amisu, FMC - Reading the Performance of High-Status Blackness on the Early Modern Stage and in Contemporary Media
- Eunhee Kim, FST - Understanding menopause in autistic and non-autistic people
- Fatima Ahmad Muazu, FST - Cocreation of Mobile Learning Technology in Special Education: Adoption and Usability Cases for Learners with Disabilities in Underserved Regions
- Fiona Vidler, BUBS - Impact of Corruption and Access to Finance on Firm Productivity in Transitional Economies
- Frankie Kooner-Evans, FST - Exploring the role of the extended military community in military cyber resilience: Online behaviours and recommendations for cyber security initiatives
- Heyam Shogi Kani, FMC - How do Saudi Arabian women use social networking sites to share their experience of domestic violence?
- Jordan King, FST - Remembering the Good Old Days: Exploring Personal and Historical Nostalgia in Video Games
- Katy Bailey, FST - '15 seconds of fame’: Assessing TikTok usage and user motivation
- Lauren Legg, FST - Investigating the distribution, genetic lineage and parasite susceptibility of Gammarus spp. in the Hampshire Avon River
- Louise Barton, FHSS -An evaluation of an integrated midwifery-led smoking cessation care pathway
- Louise Beresford, FHSS - Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation in a Dialysis Population: A Systematic Review Protocol
- Louise Ward, FHSS - Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in doctoral research – are we listening to all the experts?
- Lucy Ruth Boxall, FST - Effectiveness of dietary guidelines for reducing free sugar intakes: Randomised controlled trial results.
- Macdonald Amaran, FMC - A socio-legal comparative study of safeguarding for Children on TikTok in the United Kingdom and Nigeria
- Mark Gather, FST - Eye Movements in Visuo-haptic Perception of Object Shape
- Matthew Edge, BUBS - Single use medical device circularity: Evaluating sustainable supply chain operations within the UK medical device industry
- Michael George, FMC - Rethinking online activism in the context of emotions and social identity
- Paul Boyce, BUBS - The transition to the final year in higher education; an identity perspective
- Princess Tetteh Cudjoe, BUBS - An Investigation into the Work-Life Balance of Female Nurses & Doctors in the Public Health Care Sector: A case study in the Ghanaian National Teaching Hospital (Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital- KBTH)
- Ruth Toba Llewellyn, FMC - Playing Through the Pandemic: Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Samantha Everard, FHSS - A Holistic View of Self-Employment Support for Neurodivergent People
- Samira Al-Nasser, FST - Cadaveric Testing of a Novel Intraoperative Load for Total Knee Replacements
- Sancho Joao Nascimento Loreto, FST - The Interlink Between Reward and Emotion Processes Using an Associative Matching Paradigm
- Sarah Coles, FMC - The British Empire Exhibition and The Weekly Bulletin of Empire Study
- Saud Hamed Sulaimani, FST - A Novel Creative Design Strategy to Increase the Acceptance of Adopting Recycled Plastic Products
- Tahra Babiker-Moore, FHSS - The effect of preoperative interventions on postoperative outcomes following elective hand surgery: a systematic review
- Victoria Goldenberg, FST - Halfway down the corridor. An ethnographic study of hospital wayfinding
- Wed Alfotawi, FMC - The perceptions of health misinformation on social media: understanding, interactions, and countermeasures
- Wenjun Liu, FST - User eXperience in educational eXtended Reality applications in the Cultural Heritage domain
- Wookjun Lee, BUBS - Encouraging tourists to use public transportation at tourist destinations: An experiential perspective of tourists
- Ye Yuan, BUBS - The consequences of technostress among bank employees in China: the moderating effect of co-worker support.
- Yuchen Zhou, FMC - From words to moving images: Relocating British Literature to Chinese Film
- Zhenhao Tian, FST - A Review study of Virtual Reality Applications Usability Testing