Here at BU, we offer numerous opportunities for postgraduate research across our four departments: the Bournemouth University Business School, the Faculty of Science & Technology, the Faculty of Media & Communication and the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences.
As a Visiting Postgraduate Researcher (Visiting PGR) we will help you to expand your knowledge and aid you in continuing your professional development.
Throughout your journey with us, you will work to complete a research project or activity as part of BU’s research community and will engage in relevant Doctoral College or faculty-based training opportunities, and contribute to our research environment.
At BU, we strongly encourage collaboration across specialisms. By joining us as a Visiting PGR, you will have the opportunity to work with academics from other faculties and specialisms across the university to deliver truly impactful research across a multitude of disciplines.
All our Visiting PGRs will be supervised by an academic mentor, who has the knowledge and expertise to support you throughout your time here.
Book onto a Postgraduate Open Day to meet us and find out more.
- You must be currently enrolled on a PhD programme
- For a visit of six months or longer, you must evidence English Language through IELTS 6.5 overall (5.5 in each component) or equivalent
What to include on your application:
- A personal statement
- A synopsis of your PhD research
- A plan of what you intend to accomplish through your visit to BU
- The name of any BU academic staff members you would like to work with
- A provisional start and end date of your visit.