Why study Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects at BU?
- National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA): We’re home to the renowned National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA), ranked among the top 10 visual effects schools in the world
- Professional-level facilities: You’ll be learning using the same facilities you’ll encounter in the industry itself, based in our new Poole Gateway Building. These include screening rooms, a green screen studio, motion capture facilities, animation labs, collaborative working spaces and much more
- Past graduates have joined the world’s largest games companies: Follow in the footsteps of BU games graduates working for companies such as Microsoft Rare, Electronic Arts, Criterion Games, Rockstar North, Unity, Jagex, Frontier Developments, Rebellion, TT Games and King
- Creating Oscar and BAFTA winners: Study in an environment with Hollywood pedigree – former students have won Oscars and BAFTAs for a range of feature films including Blade Runner 2049, The Avengers and Dunkirk
- BFX Festival: Attend the annual BFX Festival – a chance to join talks and masterclasses delivered by some of the best creative minds in the industry
Find a course
Courses with a Foundation Year option: We are currently developing a Foundation Year option (for September 2022 entry) for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Courses open for 2021 and 2022 entry
Open for 2022 entry only
Equipping you with critical skills that are in high demand from the digital technology industry, on this course you will specialise in this rapidly evolving area of VR/AR.
Please note: this course is not recruiting for September 2021. Please register your interest and we will let you know when applications open for September 2022 entry.