Why study Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects at BU?
- National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA): We’re home to the renowned National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA), ranked among the top 10 visual effects schools in the world
- Professional-level facilities: You’ll be learning using the same facilities you’ll encounter in the industry itself, based in our new Poole Gateway Building. These include screening rooms, a green screen studio, motion capture facilities, animation labs, collaborative working spaces and much more
- Past graduates have joined the world’s largest games companies: Follow in the footsteps of BU games graduates working for companies such as Microsoft Rare, Electronic Arts, Criterion Games, Rockstar North, Unity, Jagex, Frontier Developments, Rebellion, TT Games and King
- Creating Oscar and BAFTA winners: Study in an environment with Hollywood pedigree – former students have won Oscars and BAFTAs for a range of feature films including Blade Runner 2049, The Avengers and Dunkirk
- BFX Festival: Attend the annual BFX Festival – a chance to join talks and masterclasses delivered by some of the best creative minds in the industry
- Career opportunities: People working in animation and VFX on average earn £42,280, with entry level roles starting between £20-30k. Whilst entry levels roles in the Games industry start around £16k, with more senior roles earning £50k or more (ScreenSkills)