Why study Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects at BU?
- National Centre for Computer Animation: We’re home to the renowned National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA), ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2023)
- Professional-level facilities: You’ll be learning using the same facilities you’ll encounter in the industry itself, based in our Poole Gateway Building. These include screening rooms, a green screen studio, motion capture facilities, animation labs, collaborative working spaces and much more
- Past graduates have joined the world’s largest games companies: Follow in the footsteps of BU games graduates working for companies such as Microsoft Rare, Electronic Arts, Criterion Games, Rockstar North, Unity, Jagex, Frontier Developments, Rebellion, TT Games and King
- Creating Oscar and BAFTA winners: Study in an environment with Hollywood pedigree – former students have won Oscars and BAFTAs for a range of feature films including Blade Runner 2049, The Avengers and Dunkirk
- BFX Festival: Attend the annual BFX Festival – a chance to join talks and masterclasses delivered by some of the best creative minds in the industry
- Career opportunities: People working in animation and VFX on average earn £42,280, with entry level roles starting between £20-30k. Whilst entry levels roles in the Games industry start around £16k, with more senior roles earning £50k or more (ScreenSkills)
Find a course
The BFX Festival is recognised as one of the world’s premier animation, film and games festivals, attracting collaborators from around the world. This annual festival features entertaining, educational and inspirational presentations that highlight the amazing work of the creative and technical artists behind the latest blockbuster movies and games.
Festival-goers can book to attend masterclasses delivered by leading industry professionals, as well as network at the dedicated Recruitment Day, featuring a range of studios who will be on hand to conduct portfolio reviews and give advice to aspiring professionals.