Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Biology at BU?
- Taught by leading academics, experienced practitioners and a range of professional guest lecturers, you will develop a comprehensive grounding in forensic biology
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters
- Use sophisticated lab and field equipment to collect and analyse biological evidence, write detailed logs and reports, and even collaborate with staff on current forensic research projects
- Take part in live fire exercises in your final year
- Pick from subject modules that suit your own interests, passions, and career goals in your second and final year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and improve your chances of gaining employment after you graduate.
For September 2021 entry: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in March 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality as well as showing continual improvement to develop graduate employees.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with an optional short placement or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered