Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Biology at BU?
- Taught by leading academics, experienced practitioners and a range of professional guest lecturers, you will develop a comprehensive grounding in forensic biology.
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters and live-fire exercises in your final year
- Use sophisticated lab and field equipment to collect and analyse biological evidence, write detailed logs and reports, and even collaborate with staff on current forensic research projects
- Pick from subject modules that suit your own interests, passions, and career goals in your second and final year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and improve your chances of gaining employment after you graduate.
- 88% of graduates are in employment or further study fifteen months after completing the course.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality as well as showing continual improvement to develop graduate employees.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with one placement year. Students enrolled on the foundation year complete an additional year at the start.
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.