Why study BSc (Hons) Nutrition at BU?
- This course received 100% overall satisfaction rating from our final year students in the latest National Student Survey (NSS)
- Choose to undertake a 30-week placement anywhere in the world, to give you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Our established networks with industry over the years provides great placement opportunities
- On this course you’ll gain practical skills and knowledge in food processing, product development, food safety and microbiology
- Our specialist nutrition labs, which are home to state-of-the-art equipment, support practical teaching in nutrition, human physiology and food safety
- The nutrition teaching team include award-winning staff who are involved in leading research contributing to societal change today.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Nutrition degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. The Foundation Year is based at our Talbot campus. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Nutrition study.
The course is accredited by the Association for Nutrition, so you will be eligible to register as a Registered Associate Nutritionist when you graduate.
Talk to a student on this course
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus. Foundation Year: Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus.
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement or 5 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement.
Association for Nutrition
Applied Human Biology, Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Food Technology, Health & Social Care, Mathematics, Physics, Physical Education, Psychology, Sport, Sport and Exercise Science, other science-related subject.
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points to include a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent, including 32 points in a required subject. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM in a required subject. Foundation year: 48 - 72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.