Why study BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing at BU?
- Caring for children and young people is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll work closely with children, young people - from newborns to adolescents - and their families
- Focused on the healthcare needs of children and young people, this course will teach you the theory, diagnostic and practical skills needed to care for children and young people
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in diverse locations including schools, children’s hospital wards and community settings like children’s hospices
- Become immersed in the science and art of child-centred nursing in our newly built skills facilities including simulated hospital wards and community home settings
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
Not sure which nursing course is for you? Read our guide to nursing courses at BU.
Funding support: Nursing students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding.
Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (children's and young people's) nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing award.
Chat with a student from this course
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years including mandatory full-time placements
Nursing & Midwifery Council
All subjects considered
September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma of DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 entry: If English is not your first language you will need 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components. For more information check out our international entry requirements.