Why study BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing (Advanced Standing) at BU?
- Successful completion of this 2-year course will lead to a qualification in BSc (Hons) Children’s & Young People’s Nursing
- Acceptance onto the course depends on factors such as the initial field of registration, holding a nursing degree qualification and the date of the applicant’s original registration
- Caring for children and young people is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll work closely with children, young people - from new-borns to adolescents - and their families
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in diverse locations including schools, children’s hospital wards and community settings like children’s hospices
- Become immersed in the science and art of child-centred nursing in our newly built skills facilities including simulated hospital wards and community home settings. 100% of graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners.
Not sure which nursing course is for you? Read our guide to nursing courses at BU.
Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (children and young people’s) nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Children’s & Young People’s Nursing award.
Explore our facilities and see more of the course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
2 years including mandatory full-time placements
Nursing & Midwifery Council
For September 2022 entry: 2:2 in a Nursing Degree. Applicants need to be a qualified nurse in the UK and have worked as a nurse for at least one year before the start of the course in their initial field of registration (e.g. Mental Health). For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you will need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other components. For more information check out our international entry requirements.