Our Law with Politics degree will share with you the contemporary, historical and global issues in politics. It will enable you to appreciate the wider political context in which law is created and operates, and obtain a qualifying law degree.
- Gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials and attend guest lectures
- Build an academic base for a legal career, specialising in political policy
- Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board, you'll graduate with a qualifying law degree
- You'll have the opportunity to put knowledge into practice during a 30-week work placement gain, invaluable for your future career. What’s more, if your placement meets the necessary criteria, it can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after graduation
- Enjoy our excellent links with a range of legal firms, from local organisations to national companies
- Join the Law Society where you'll network and socialise with others in addition to supporting charity work and CV building, there's something for everyone
- Take part in field trips to Law Courts, Parliament and the Inns of Court
- Take advantage of the opportunity to contribute to the BU Law Review, an academic publication designed to encourage you to further your interests and publish your excellent research in the area.
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an open day.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time including an optional minimum 30-week placement
Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board
All subjects considered
For September 2020 and September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.