Taught by experts with strong links to the legal profession, this course will equip you with the tools and knowledge to tackle real world issues within the legal sector. You'll gain an excellent overview of the profession and you can also choose between two additional pathways in your final year of study to suit your career aspirations. The optional pathways are Law with Politics and Law, Media and Creative Industries.
- Gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials and attend guest lectures
- In your final year you'll have the option to follow your preferred career pathway, whether you're looking to train as a Solicitor in England or Wales or keep your career options open by following the academic pathway with a range of graduate opportunities
- Accredited course by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board, you'll graduate with a qualifying law degree
- You'll have the opportunity to put knowledge into practice during a 30-week work placement, invaluable for your future career. What’s more, if your placement meets the necessary criteria, it can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after graduation
- Join the Law Society where you'll have the option to take part in networking and socialising with others, to supporting charity work and CV building
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Italy, Sweden, Switzerland or Turkey
- Take part in field trips to Law Courts, Parliament and the Inns of Court
- Take advantage of the opportunity to contribute to the BU Law Review, an academic publication designed to encourage you to further your interests and publish your excellent research in the area.
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time including an optional minimum 30-week placement (placement is mandatory for students studying SQE pathway)
Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board
All subjects considered
For September 2020 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.