Why study LLB (Hons) Law, Media & Creative Industries at BU?
- Learn from our dynamic Media & Creative Industries subjects to develop your industry-specific knowledge to understand the commercial needs of your future clients
- You will be taught by academics who are part of the the Centre for Intellectual Property, Policy and Management (CIPPM), including experts in the fields of intellectual property and media law.
- Gain legal expertise in sectors that are still emerging, including Artificial Intelligence, the Metaverse, and new digital technologies
- You will be career ready with 92% of our law graduates in employment or completing further study after 15 months.
- Bournemouth University's Law degrees are ranked 3rd nationally in the Complete University Guide subject league tables for graduate outcomes (2024).
- Gain experience through networking events, & field trips to Law Courts, Parliament and the Inns of Court, undertake an optional work placement and join our Student Law Society.
Course review: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from September 2025. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time or 5 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff point. For more information check out our full entry requirements.