Why study LLB (Hons) Law at BU?
- Learn the fundamentals of law as well as the legal skills needed to work effectively with legal sources (case law and legislation)
- Tailor your degree from your second year, selecting units to suit your interests and preferred career path
- Undertake a 30-week work placement which, if it meets the necessary criteria, can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after you graduate. You'll be career ready with 94% of our graduates in employment or completing further study after 15 months.
- Choose between two pathways in your final year, depending on whether you intend to become a solicitor or prefer to keep your career options open
- Join the Law Society where you can network, socialise, support charity work and, in turn, enhance your CV. Bournemouth University's Law degrees are ranked 3rd nationally in the Complete University Guide subject league tables for graduate outcomes (2024)
- Benefit from field trips, guest lectures and gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials.
Course review: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded. These changes will come into effect for all new students from September 2025. Applicants will be notified by our admissions team of any changes.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
See what it's like to study LLB (Hons) Law with us
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time or 5 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.