Why study MSc Events Management at BU?
- Study at a top 20 world university for hospitality and leisure (QS University Rankings 2023)
- All units you take are designed to instil the principles of sustainable development, preparing you to become a future leader in organising sustainable events that align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Receive professional training from research-active and industry-experienced staff and guest speakers in a truly international environment.
- Stay ahead in the international events industry by studying critical issues and identifying the latest trends in events. Learn how to bid for international events. Gain sustainable project management skills to enable you to design and organise a live event. Gain strategic managerial knowledge by studying organisational strategy and finance. These are essential subjects for becoming a highly skilled event manager.
- To enhance your career, specialise in one of the options such as Crisis & Disaster Management, Conference Tourism (MICE), Entrepreneurship, International Sports Management, or Global Food and Drink.
- Grow your professional network and apply taught elements of your degree to real-world situations with an optional 30-week placement
- Study a semester abroad at one of our partner institutions, immersing yourself in a new cultural academic experience while enhancing your international employability skills.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience.
- Recognised by the Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence as a leading university in the industry. This accreditation allows you to take advantage of networking opportunities, hear from high-level industry speakers and raise your professional profile.
- This course is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB business accreditation demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellence in teaching, research, curriculum development, and learner success.
- As an Affiliate Member of UNWTO, Bournemouth University is part of network with other members to enable collaboration and benefit from the sharing of knowledge to address pressing tourism-related issues of common interest from a variety of sectors.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
January 2024, September 2024, January 2025, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (18 months with optional study exchange); September & January: 2 years with optional 30-week work placement or 2 years part-time
Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent or substantial industrial experience at senior management level.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.