Why study MSc Events Management at BU?
- Study at a top 10 UK university for hospitality, event management and tourism (Guardian League Table, 2021)
- Enhance your knowledge of diversity and awareness of cultural differences associated with managerial work
- Receive professional training from research-active and industry-experienced staff in a truly international environment
- Learn key subjects embedded into this course such as planning, sustainability, bidding, and design, enabling you to deliver an innovative and creative live event
- Grow your professional network and apply taught elements of your degree to real-world situations with an optional 30-week placement
- Study a semester abroad at one of our many partner institutions, immersing yourself in a new cultural academic experience whilst enhancing your international employability skills.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience.
- Accredited by the only chartered body recognising project management skills, the Association for Project Management (APM)
- Recognised by the Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence as a leading university in the industry. This accreditation allows you to take advantage of networking opportunities, hear from high-level industry speakers and raise your professional profile.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
January 2022, September 2022, January 2023, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
September: 1 year full-time (16 months with optional study exchange). January: 16 months full-time (18 months with optional study exchange); 2 years with optional 30-week work placement or 2 years part-time
Association for Project Management (APM), Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent or substantial industrial experience at senior management level.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.