This is an exciting new course that is currently being developed. This page will be updated with more information in June 2023. Please register your interest and we will email you when the course is open for applications.
Why study PG Cert Enhanced Clinical Practitioner Apprenticeship at BU?
- Enhanced clinical practitioners (ECPs) work as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team across a wide range of settings, including hospitals, community clinics, individuals’ homes and in dental and general practices
- ECPs work at an enhanced level of practice, with specific knowledge and skills in a field of healthcare expertise, to manage an aspect of a patient’s care within their current level of practice
- The knowledge and skills learned through the apprenticeship will be applied and refined in the clinical area. Your clinical mentor and academic educator form a close support structure during your time on the course
- ECP is an extended role available to nurses and allied health professionals which will impact positively in a wide variety of clinical environments. ECP can also form part of a career framework that leads to an ACP role
- Creative and flexible teaching environments will encourage critical thinking, analytical and reflective skills, transferable to clinical practice. Through workshops, simulations and role-play, new knowledge will be applied to familiar healthcare situations
- Award options available for study: PG Cert for those interested in level 7 study, or Graduate Diploma for those wishing to gain a direct level 6 award.
Please note: Applications for the apprenticeship must be made via an employer – therefore, prospective apprentices should be employed in a healthcare role and have the support of their employer.
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne campus
18 months part-time