Why study PG Cert Enhanced Clinical Practitioner Apprenticeship at BU?
- Enhanced clinical practitioners (ECPs) work as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team across a wide range of settings, including hospitals, community clinics, individuals’ homes and in dental and general practices
- ECPs work at an enhanced level of practice, with specific knowledge and skills in a field of healthcare expertise, to manage an aspect of a patient’s care within their current level of practice
- The knowledge and skills learned through the apprenticeship will be applied and refined in the clinical area. Your clinical mentor and academic educator form a close support structure during your time on the course
- ECP is an extended role available to nurses and allied health professionals which will impact positively in a wide variety of clinical environments. ECP can also form part of a career framework that leads to an ACP role
- Creative and flexible teaching environments will encourage critical thinking, analytical and reflective skills, transferable to clinical practice. Through workshops, simulations and role-play, new knowledge will be applied to familiar healthcare situations
- Award options available for study: PG Cert for those interested in level 7 study, or Graduate Diploma for those wishing to gain a direct level 6 award.
Please note: Applications for the apprenticeship must be made via an employer – therefore, prospective apprentices should be employed in a healthcare role and have the support of their employer.
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne campus
18 months part-time