Why study MSc Advanced Clinical Practice at BU?
- Advanced Clinical Practitioners are experienced clinicians with expertise in their scope of practice, managing defined episodes of clinical care independently, from beginning to end
- Build on your current registrant level of practice through academic and workplace-based learning, to attain advanced clinical practice competencies and capabilities, in-line with nationally recognised advanced level criteria (Health Education England)
- Extend your critical thinking, analytical and reflective skills, and integrate new, as well as enhance existing clinical practice skills, knowledge and competence, within your practice setting
- Gain the skills to support the provision of high-quality healthcare through a more autonomous, independent practice role within the multi-disciplinary healthcare team
- 2 pathways available: if you are a nurse, you will undertake the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Advanced Nurse Practitioner) qualification; if you are an allied health professional, pharmacist, midwife, healthcare scientist or other registered non-medical healthcare professional then the MSc Advanced Clinical practice is appropriate for you, in supporting your advanced clinical practice role.
Please note: Applications for the apprenticeship route must be made via an employer - therefore prospective apprentices should be employed in a healthcare role and have the support of their employer. We also offer a standard Master’s degree route for MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Advanced Nurse Practitioner).
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
September 2022, February 2023, June 2023.
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne campus
Three years, part time
A Bachelors Honours degree with minimum 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
You must have been registered with your respective statutory regulator of health and care professions (i.e. NMC, HCPC), for a minimum of 3 years and provide proof of current registration.
Level 2 English and Maths. If you do not hold this you must complete this level prior to applying for the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Apprenticeship.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can understand English to a satisfactory level. English language requirements for this course are normally IELTS (academic) 7.0 or above with minimum 7.0 in each component.