This is a guide to the normal entry requirements, assuming you’ve followed the Mexican education system. An admissions tutor will study your application, so make sure you include your academic background and personal information when you apply.

Entry requirements vary depending on what sort of course you’re coming to BU to study.

  • BU International College Foundation Certificates
    You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have a Título Académico de Bachiller/Diploma de Bachiller, a Título de Bachiller Tecnológico, or a Título de Tecnico. You’ll also need to have achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
  • Undergraduate courses
    You can apply to study a Bachelor's degree from year one if you hold a Salida Lateral or Carrera Corta leading to a Diploma or Título Técnico, a Título de Técnico Superior Universitario/Título de Profesional Asociado, or if you have completed an International Foundation Certificate.
  • Top-up courses
    You can apply for a Top-up course at BU if you have a Carta de Pasante, with completion of the relevant credit requirement. Mature students may be able to join a Top-up course with a combination of lower-level qualifications and relevant experience.
  • Postgraduate courses
    You need to have a Título de Licenciado/Título (Profesional) de [subject area] or a Título de Especialista to apply for a taught postgraduate course with BU.
  • Research programmes
    ​You need a Grado Académico de Maestría/Grado de Maestro to be considered for a BU research programme.

You can find more information about English language requirements for entry to BU on our English language requirements page.

If you need help with your visa or want more information about the immigration process, you can find it on our immigration information page.