This is a guide to the normal entry requirements assuming you’ve followed the South Korean education system. An admissions tutor will study your application, so make sure you include your academic background and personal information when you apply.

Entry requirements vary depending on what sort of course you’re coming to BU to study.

  • BU International College Foundation Certificates
    You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have successfully completed the South Korean High School Diploma and have achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
  • Undergraduate courses
    You can apply to study a Bachelor's degree from year one if you have completed a South Korean Junior College Diploma, or if you have successfully completed one year of undergraduate study in South Korea. You can also apply for an undergraduate course on successful completion of a one-year foundation programme, such as our International College Foundation Certificate.
  • Top-up courses
    If you have studied three years of a relevant course at Haksa (Bachelor's) level and have achieved good grades then you can apply for a Top-up course with us.
  • Postgraduate courses
    You need to have a Haksa (Bachelor's) degree with good grades to apply for a taught postgraduate course at BU.
  • Research programmes
    ​You need to have successfully completed a Suksa (Master’s) degree with good grades to be considered for a BU research programme.

You can find more information about English language requirements for entry to BU on our English language requirements page. Full information about preparatory courses is available on the Bournemouth University International College website.

If you need help with your visa or want more information about the immigration process, you can find it on our immigration information page.