Our Pre-Sessional English courses have been designed to improve your English language and academic study skills to the required entry level for your BU degree.
These courses are delivered at the Bournemouth University International College and can be tailored to meet your needs.
There are different courses available depending on whether you hold a conditional or unconditional offer for your BU degree.
Conditional offer holders can apply for:
- Pre-Sessional English (with Study Skills)
- Pre-Sessional English (Fast Track)
Unconditional offer holders can apply for:
- Master’s Enhancement Programme
- Bachelor's Enhancement Programme
You need to apply for all pre-sessional courses directly through Bournemouth University International College and you will also need to pay your fees directly to this institution.
Start dates and entry requirements
The Pre-Sessional English courses last anywhere from two to 39 weeks, allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your current level of English. This also offers flexibility in terms of when you start your course, allowing you to plan it around your study plans at BU.
You can find out more about the entry requirements needed to study with us, as well as the start dates, on the pages below.
- Entry requirements and start dates for September 2020, January 2021 and September 2021 entry
- If you have any questions about the Pre-Sessional English programmes, start dates or application process, get in touch with Bournemouth University International College.
If you are not sure whether you need to complete a Pre-Sessional English course before you begin your degree, chat to our International Admissions Team.