Why study Life & Environmental Sciences at BU?
- Biodiversity hotspot: Study at a university with outstanding facilities and an excellent reputation, located in one of the UK’s richest biodiversity hotspots
- Multifaceted team of academic experts: Our courses are delivered by a multifaceted team of academic experts, including biologists, ecologists, geographers, environmental scientists and forensic scientists
- Excellent research and fieldwork opportunities: Outstanding opportunities for research and fieldwork on our doorstep in locations such as the New Forest National Park and Jurassic Coast; our students have also undertaken projects in a range of overseas locations
- 30-week placement: Gain professional experience on a placement, including the option to extend your degree by a year and undertake a minimum 30-week placement
- Rich research: Study in a faculty that produces a rich range of research in this subject area.
Find a course
Courses with a Foundation Year option: If you don’t yet have the right qualifications to study your chosen subject, a Foundation Year offers an alternative route to access a degree course. It involves an initial year of study that will enable you to progress onto the first year of one of our eligible undergraduate degrees.