The amount of undergraduate tuition fees you will need to pay, and any financial support you are eligible for, will depend on whether you are classified as a home or overseas student, otherwise known as your fee status.

We decide your fee status based on UK Government guidelines using the information you give us. We will let you know your fee status in your offer letter if we can, but we might need to ask additional questions.

Broadly speaking, if you are ordinarily resident in the UK (or the Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland) and have been for at least three years prior to the start of your course, you’ll pay what are known as ‘home’ fees. There are numerous criteria to determine whether you will be paying ‘home’ fees. If you are not considered a 'home' student then you may be either an 'overseas' or 'Island' student for fees purposes. Further information on these classifications can be found below.