Why study BA (Hons) Film Production & Cinematography?
- Produce individual and collaboratively authored work to industry standards
- Gain a critical understanding of current issues and opportunities at the forefront of the film, television and related industries
- Develop the intellectual tools and techniques required to deal with issues systematically and creatively
- Learn from experienced industry professionals and academics who will help you develop the skills necessary to be successful in the competitive world of film and television
- Follow in the footsteps of graduates who have gone on to work in various roles on high profile and prestigious productions such as Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Avengers: Endgame, Wonder Woman 1984.
- 93% of graduates on this course felt that staff were good at explaining things.
Please note: This course is delivered at Wiltshire College & University Centre, Salisbury. You can view a virtual tour of the campus or book to attend an Open Day online.
Industry standard equipment
You’ll develop your craft skills using digital cinema cameras including the Sony FS7 and FS5, and also professional 16mm and 35mm celluloid film cameras, nonlinear edit suites, 16mm Steenbeck editing tables, location lighting, dollies and track. Over the course of your studies, you will also learn production skills including producing, directing, production management, and screenwriting.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Wiltshire College and University Centre, Salisbury
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points from 2 A-levels or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent. For more information check out our International entry requirements.