Why study BA (Hons) Television Production at BU?
- From the very beginning, you’ll create content in the TV studio and out on location, produce, direct, operate camera and sound equipment, vision mix, edit, present, arrange lighting, floor manage and much more
- You’ll learn how to use the latest technology in our brand new, state-of-the-art 4K studios and control rooms. These are probably the biggest and best facilities available to students anywhere in the UK
- You’ll learn from a team of experienced academics and media professionals. We’re producers, directors, film makers and practitioners who have worked across a range of film and television production including drama, documentary and factual, children’s television, entertainment, live broadcast and more
- You’ll join a team of talented, motivated students learning how to tell stories with video. You’ll form your own production companies and produce your own content
- You'll graduate career-ready with 95% of our graduates who are in employment 15 months after their studies. Many companies and productions have trainee roles suitable for holders of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Starting roles in production include Edit Assistant, Post-production Runner, Camera Assistant or Sound Assistant (ScreenSkills)
- You’ll gain the real-world experience necessary to impress future employers on work placements at organisations such as the BBC, Sky and Warner Bros.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
The International Moving Image Society is a highly respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. All of our courses within the Media Production Department have received accreditation in recognition of their industry-standard teaching.
Explore our facilities, including 360° video tours
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.