We want you to be an innovator and shape the future of television. You’ll produce your own programmes alongside industry professionals, giving you the crucial hands on experience as well as a solid grounding in real-world professional television production.
- Produce your own programmes in studio and on location
- You'll have access to brand new specialist facilities including a new film studio and two Ultra High Definition broadcast standard multicamera TV studios as well as access to Sony FS5 and Panasonic AC160/AG371 cameras, SQN sound mixers, Pro Tools dubbing suites and Avid edit suites
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Norway or USA
- You’ll be taught by professional practitioners, eminent media academic staff and benefit from industry-seasoned guest speakers
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as LoveLove Films, Framestore and Warner Bros
- Work collaboratively to create a high production value television programme that can act as your calling-card to the industry
- As a student, take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media & Communication
Recent guest speakers include Charlie Palmer, Drama Director of Poldark, Doctor Who and Death in Paradise, Anna Mears, Producer/Director of 24 hours in A&E and Gogglebox and Paul Connolly, Investigative onscreen reporter for Channel 5.
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Chat with a student from this course
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society
All subjects considered
For September 2020 and September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2020 and September 2021 entry: If English is not your first language you’ll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 6.0 in reading or writing and 5.5 in all other components or equivalent. For more information check out our International entry requirements.