Why study BA (Hons) Television Production at BU?
- Produce your own programmes in the studio and on location, where you will focus on all aspects of production including technical and post-process, such as editing
- Access specialist facilities which include; a film studio, two Ultra High Definition broadcast standard multi-camera TV studios, Sony FS5 and Panasonic AC160/AG371 cameras, SQN sound mixers, Pro Tools dubbing suites and Avid edit suites
- You’ll be taught by professional practitioners, eminent media academic staff and benefit from industry guest speakers
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 4 week or optional 30-week work placement with organisations such as LoveLove Films, Framestore and Warner Bros
- Work collaboratively to create a high production value television programme, forming production companies and 'freelancing' that can act as your calling card to the industry
- BU is ranked 25th best UK university for media and film studies (The best UK universities 2021 league table - The Guardian).
The International Moving Image Society is a highly respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. All of our courses within the Media Production Department have received accreditation in recognition of their industry-standard teaching.
Chat with a student from this course
Take a look at the facilities on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.