Why study BA (Hons) Media Production?
- Work with real clients, creating work that impacts and enhances the world around you
- Access specialist facilities including industry standard camera and sound recording equipment, post production suites, green screen, radio studio, foley studio, podcasting booths and sound stage
- Develop a dynamic range of production, craft and techincal skills across a number of disciplines including film, audio production, immersive media and photography
- Learn from experienced industry professionals and researchers and benefit from their industry connections through guest speakers and workshops
- Research, develop and produce a Graduate Production Project in a media form to suis your career aspirations, giving you a calling card to the industry on graduation
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 96% of our students were employed or in further study. Many companies and productions have trainee roles suitable for holders of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Starting roles in production include Edit Assistant, Runner, Camera Trainee, Sound Assistant, Social Media Manager, Trainee Television Researcher, Production Assistant.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
For September 2024 entry: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in September 2023 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
The International Moving Image Society is a highly respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. All of our courses within the Media Production Department have received accreditation in recognition of their industry-standard teaching.
Explore our facilities on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information, check out our full entry requirements.