Why study BA (Hons) Media Production?
- Work with real clients, creating artefacts that impact and enhance the world around you
- Access specialist facilities including kit, post-production suites, and a sound stage
- Develop a dynamic range of skills across a number of disciplines including film, audio production and platform development
- Learn from practising professionals and researchers and benefit from their industry connections through guest speakers and workshops
- Specialise during your Graduate Production Project, allowing you to develop a piece of work in whichever media form suits your career aspirations, giving you a calling card to the industry upon graduation
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 92% of our students were employed or in further study.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
For September 2024 entry: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in June 2023 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
The International Moving Image Society is a highly respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. All of our courses within the Media Production Department have received accreditation in recognition of their industry-standard teaching.
Explore our facilities on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information, check out our full entry requirements.