Develop a range of media production techniques across multiple platforms and engage with and reflect on developments in all aspects of the creative sector on this industry-focused course. Scholarship and critical thinking will underpin everything that you do here while using the practical strands as a foundation for experimentation and professionalism.
You’ll work with many forms of moving image, audio, platform and experience development – from script, fiction and factual moving image and audio, radio, web and app development, to live projection mapping exhibition and all things post-production. You’ll have the toolkit to engage with a range of industries – both traditional (TV, film, radio), online (social media, on-demand, live) and more. During your studies, you’ll also work with real clients, creating artefacts that impact and enhance the world around you. Whether you’re looking to work with the big brands, build your own media start-up or produce for local businesses, we’ll equip you with the skills needed to help you kick-start your career.
- Access brand new specialist facilities including kit, post-production suites, and a sound stage
- You’ll be professionally competent across a range of disciplines including film, audio production and platform development
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in the Netherlands, Norway or Turkey
- Learn from practising professionals and researchers and benefit from their industry connections through guest speakers and workshops
- Make invaluable industry connections during a four-week or 30-week work placement
- Specialise on your Graduate Production Project, allowing you to develop a piece of work in whichever media form that suits your career aspirations, giving you the calling card to the industry upon graduation
- Make friends and colleagues for life. Your professional network starts in the seats around you here. We have many networking nights and competitions to build your portfolio
- Have fun! Media is an exciting, ever-changing field. You will be joining a community of support and encouragement. This is a fresh start and first step towards a tough but rewarding life in the creative industries.
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
All subjects considered
For September 2020 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.