Why study BA (Hons) Photography at BU?
- Explore photography as a craft and a business, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital cameras, lighting, studio space and image manipulation software throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised lecturers and practitioners
- Emphasis on real-world collaboration with others
- Choose optional specialist units in a particular area of interest in more detail to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during a work placement in industry.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
Whatever the discipline, be it documentary, fine art, portraiture, fashion or product, lifestyle, events and even architecture, photography allows you to take on the role of a storyteller. As a BU student, you’ll learn to interpret photography and develop your photographic skill set and style as you tell your own visual stories.
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time with a 4 week placement, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.