Why study BA (Hons) Music & Sound Production at BU?
- Hone your skills in the creative, technical and compositional aspects of music production.
- Compose, arrange, record, edit, manipulate and produce music and sound to a professional standard.
- Apply your learning to real-world scenarios such as music production, music composition, sound recording, and creating music/sound for moving image.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities including fully equipped recording studios with State Solid Logic mixing desk, live room and control room, as well as surround-sound and stereo post-production studios.
- Engage with industry professionals through masterclasses, studio visits and industry events.
- Take an optional placement year during which you’ll work within the industry.
Accredited by the Joint Audio Media Education Support (JAMES), a measure of the quality and suitability of this course to meet industry needs. JAMES is a consortium of music, entertainment and media industry organisations collaborating in the support of education and promotion of excellence.
Watch a demonstration and take a look at our facilities
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 8-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
Joint Audio Media Education Support (JAMES)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
Music and Sound Production demonstrator Dan Pierson provides an insight of what you will be able to create on our BA (Hons) Music & Sound Production course. View our on-campus music facilities.