Why study BA (Hons) Music & Sound Production at BU?
- Hone your skills in the creative, technical and compositional aspects of music production.
- Compose, arrange, record, edit, manipulate and produce music and sound to a professional standard.
- Apply your learning to real-world scenarios such as music production, music composition, sound recording, and creating music/sound for moving image.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities including fully equipped recording studios with State Solid Logic mixing desk, live room and control room, as well as surround-sound and stereo post-production studios.
- Engage with industry professionals through masterclasses, studio visits and industry events.
- Take an optional placement year during which you’ll work within the industry.
Accredited by the Joint Audio Media Education Support (JAMES), a measure of the quality and suitability of this course to meet industry needs. JAMES is a consortium of music, entertainment and media industry organisations collaborating in the support of education and promotion of excellence.
Watch a demonstration and take a look at our facilities
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 8-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
Joint Audio Media Education Support (JAMES)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
These pieces formed part of a final-year project from one of our students, exploring different approaches to creating live music performance set-ups. View our on-campus music facilities.