On this degree, you'll be exposed to a variety of aspects of filmmaking such as distribution, marketing, buying, fundraising and film production, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches. You'll graduate as an enterprising and entrepreneurial practitioner capable of working in today's film industry as well as shaping its future.
- Produce and explore different aspects of filmmaking individually and collaboratively
- Have access to digital film cameras, editing programmes and audio equipment throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised film lecturers and practitioners
- Choose optional modules to specialise in a particular area of interest in more detail to match your career ambitions
- Accredited by the International Moving Image Society (IMIS) ensuring the course remains industry focused
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as The Walt Disney Company, Signal Productions, NorthLight Media and Curtain Calls Production
- 100% of students felt that staff were good at explaining things and made the subject interesting.
Join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.
All statistics shown throughout this page are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.
Next start date:
September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with an optional 20 day placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2020 and September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.