Why study BA (Hons) Politics at BU?
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Learn from leading researchers in the fields of politics and political communication
- Get hands-on experience of elections as political pundits, expert guests or fact-checkers in staff-student run projects and talk shows, such as the UK General Elections
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global change. Attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement
- Take initiative, lead and organise the student-run BU Politics Society's regular events, film screenings and debates.
What you can achieve with a BA (Hons) Politics degree
Our BA (Hons) Politics degree helps our students graduate as reflective, critical citizens – ready to pursue diverse political career paths.
That can range from working in partisan politics to the civil service, to positions at non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or representing organisations who need politically shrewd and media-savvy employees.
Chat with a student from this course
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points from 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.