Why study BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology at BU?
- Tackle hot topics such as social exclusion, human trafficking, terrorism, penology, policing, victimology, and many other eye-opening components
- This course will give you the sophisticated knowledge and analytical skillset needed for breaking into the public and social sectors
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – crucial for enhancing your employability
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation
- Learn from research-active social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
You’ll develop a range of analytical and communication skills during this course that will serve you well when you enter the workplace in the public or social sectors, including the criminal justice system, or alternatively as a great starting block for further study.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week work placement, Full time
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.