Why study BA (Hons) Sociology at BU?
- This robustly academic social science course integrates global perspectives, providing a broader outlook and understanding of issues in society
- Develop a versatile skillset - this degree will prepare you for a wide variety of careers thanks to the analytical and communication skills you’ll acquire throughout your course
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – which could give you a professional skillset and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation
- Learn from expert social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare.
- We're proud that 100% of graduates felt academic staff on this course were good at explaining things.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
Sociology is rapidly becoming more relevant in our contemporary world and as a result, the number and range of possible job opportunities have escalated. Develop skills suitable for a range of job opportunities in culture, media, teaching, research, human resources, and public and business services.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years including a minimum 30-week work placement, Full-time
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.