Why study BA (Hons) Sociology at BU?
- This robustly academic social science course integrates global perspectives, providing a broader outlook and understanding of issues in society
- Develop a versatile skillset - this degree will prepare you for a wide variety of careers thanks to the analytical and communication skills you’ll acquire throughout your course
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – which could give you a professional skillset and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation
- Learn from expert social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare - 100% of our students think our sociology staff are good at explaining things.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
Sociology is rapidly becoming more relevant in our contemporary world and as a result, the number and range of possible job opportunities have escalated. Develop skills suitable for a range of job opportunities in culture, media, teaching, research, human resources, and public and business services.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years including a minimum 30-week work placement, Full-time
All subjects considered
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in reading or writing and 5.5 in all other components or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.