Why study BA (Hons) Sociology & Social Anthropology at BU?
- This course emphasises contemporary social and political perspectives, discovering societies and cultures all over the world in the present and sometimes also in the past
- Learn from expert sociologists and social anthropologists, as well as biological and archaeological anthropologists and criminologists
- You’ll develop your skills, knowledge and employability through applying theory to contemporary, real world challenges
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – which could give you a professional skillset and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
This course can open up a range of career options once you graduate. You’ll develop a variety of research and analytical skills, in addition to gaining detailed knowledge of current practical social challenges and civil, critical-thinking capabilities, all skills that are sought after by employers.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years including a minimum 30-week placement, Full-time
All subjects considered
International entry requirements:
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in reading or writing and 5.5 in all other components or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.