Why study BA (Hons) Criminology at BU?
- Gain a wider view of the world of crime, including terrorism, global human trafficking and organised crime
- Understand the impact of crime on society and the complexities of criminal and deviant behaviour
- Learn from research-active social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement to provide you with important work experience
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
What can you achieve with a criminology degree?
This course will help to develop your critical and focused mind, providing you with debating, communication and analytical skills which can be applied to various topics and job roles. The BA (Hons) Criminology degree will provide the ideal platform for further specialisation in many careers, such as policing and probation services, that require the expertise and skills that this course will give you.
Take a glimpse of life on the Lansdowne campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week work placement, full time
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 – 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.