Why study BA (Hons) Politics and Economics at BU?
- Approach contemporary issues by focusing on the role the media plays in news across the world, reinforcing and challenging who gets what, how, why and where
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Learn from leading researchers in the fields of politics and political communication
- Get hands-on experience of elections as political pundits, expert guests or fact-checkers in staff-student run projects and talk shows
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change; attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV through a four-week or optional 30-week placement.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
What you can achieve with a BA (Hons) Politics and Economics degree
Our BA (Hons) Politics and Economics degree aims to develop critically informed, agile, resourceful and independent graduates who are equipped to enter a range of potential careers.
These could include working in political and financial organisations and institutions (e.g. local government, the civil service, charities, NGOs, think tanks) and media jobs that rely on political and economic knowledge and understanding (e.g. political public relations, marketing, journalism, lobbying).
Take a look at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points from 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.