Why study BA (Hons) Politics at BU?
- A dynamic and interdisciplinary course exploring power and (in)equality, justice and conflict in a world shaped by economic, a pandemic and climate crises
- You can choose units tailored to your passions and career aspirations
- We cover a range of issues including populism, leadership, diplomacy, race, gender, identity, and environmental activism
- Gain hands-on experience as political pundits, experts, fact-checkers, journalists and researchers through participation in staff-student run projects
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement. Within 15 months of completing their course, 88% of our students were employed in a professional or managerial position.
- Be part of a community studying politics through regular events, film screenings, discussions and debates organized and led by students’ BU Politics Society.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
What you can achieve with a BA (Hons) Politics degree
Study Politics at BU and you will understand all aspects of politics, from the very global to the grassroots. You will gain skills to allow you to be reflective, critical and strategic, ready to take on the challenges of a career in frontline politics, in research and advisory roles for charities, parties or activist groups, in diplomacy and global political affairs within governments, global organisations or for any organisation seeking politically literate and media-savvy employees.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points from 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.