Why study BA (Hons) Politics at BU?
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Learn from leading researchers in the fields of politics and political communication
- Get hands-on experience of elections as political pundits, expert guests or fact-checkers in staff-student run projects and talk shows, such as the UK General Elections
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global change. Attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement
- Take initiative, lead and organise the student-run BU Politics Society's regular events, film screenings and debates.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
What you can achieve with a BA (Hons) Politics degree
Our BA (Hons) Politics degree helps our students graduate as reflective, critical citizens – ready to pursue diverse political career paths.
That can range from working in partisan politics to the civil service, to positions at non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or representing organisations who need politically shrewd and media-savvy employees.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points from 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.