Why study BA (Hons) Sociology with Politics at BU?
- Explore the social and cultural dimensions of human experience in the context of the most pressing current global and political issues
- Develop specialist knowledge of social processes and social change in an interconnected, yet diverse and unequal contemporary world
- You will engage with critical debates in contemporary politics, global governance, international relations and political theories from a sociological perspective
- Graduates will be equipped with excellent communication skills, along with analytical and research skills that are increasingly necessary for professional work
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – which could give you a professional skillset and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
This course will give you the platform to seek employment in local and national government departments, education and the corporate sector, as well as postgraduate study.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus
3 years, or 4 years including a minimum 30-week work placement, Full-time
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.