Why study MSc Mechanical Engineering Design at BU?
- The course fully meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Apply mathematical and computer-based models for solving problems in engineering design
- Gain a detailed understanding of materials and structural integrity, enabling you to analyse design and engineering problems
- Apply your analytical and innovative business skills to the design process in order to assess its impact on the environment, legislation and economy
- Use the opportunity of international placements and our career support to enhance your employability and work in a global environment
- Explore an area of interest in greater depth through the research undertaken as part of the Individual Master’s Project.
Design & Engineering facilities tour
This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) as meeting the further learning requirement for Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration. Graduates holding professional status and accredited degrees are highly valued by employers in the UK and internationally.
Next start date:
September 2023, January 2024, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start), 15 months full-time (January start), 2 years part-time.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) as meeting the further learning requirement for Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration for the 2019-2023 intake years
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject. If you want to apply for Chartered Engineer status (standard route), you will need to have an IEng accredited Honours degree or academic qualifications that have been approved at IEng level, to meet the Engineering Council's registration requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information see our full entry requirements.