We have a large community of international students at BU – currently 1,600 students from around 140 different countries.
We are always happy to welcome new Chinese students onto our undergraduate, postgraduate, research and top-up courses. We have partnership links a number of universities in China and we welcome students from these institutions to join our growing BU global community:
- Beijing Normal University
- Southwest University of Finance and Economics
- University of Electronic & Science and Technology of China
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Central China Normal University
- Wuhan Business University
- Tianjin University of Technology
- Zhejiang University of Media and Communications
- Yiwu Industrial & Commercial College
- SIAS International University
- Zhejiang Normal University
We will help you with your application to study at BU, or you can speak to one of our representatives in China who can offer assistance with your application. If you'd like more general advice about the UK education system, visas, scholarships or the variety of courses on offer, you should contact the British Council in China.
Chinese website 中文官网
BU has a Chinese language website, please click here to visit.
Country specific scholarships
- BU International Partnership Scholarship: BNUZ China (Undergraduate Faculty of Management)
- BU International Partnership Scholarship: SIAS International University, China (Undergraduate Faculty of Management)
- Bournemouth University – GREAT Scholarships 2018 – China (for 2018 September starts and postgraduates only)
- BU International Partnership Scholarship: Beijing Normal University Zhuhai Campus (BNUZ) - Postgraduate
For more information please visit our undergraduate scholarship pages.
For more information please visit our postgraduate scholarship pages.
Stories from China
A selection of stories by current students and graduates
My part-time job as a BU Student Ambassador - by Tsz Kam Yeung, MSc Events Marketing, 2017/18
A ‘Hongkonger’ in Bournemouth: adapting to a different life style - by Tsz Kam Yeung, MSc Events Marketing, 2017/18
My first week at BU - by Suyan Zou, MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management 2015/16
My journey from China to BU - by Suyan Zou, MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management 2015/16
Read more international student stories.