This is a guide to the normal entry requirements, assuming you’ve followed the Spanish education system. An admissions tutor will study your application, so make sure you include your academic background and personal information when you apply.

Entry requirements vary depending on what sort of course you’re coming to BU to study.

  • BU International College Foundation Certificates
    You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have successfully completed 12 years of schooling in Spain and achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
  • Undergraduate courses
    You can apply to study a Bachelor's degree from year one if you have achieved a Curso de Orientaciòn Universitaria (COU) prior to 2009 or if you hold a Titulo De Bachillerato awarded from 2009 onwards.
  • Top-up courses
    f you have an Arquitecto Técnico (from Escuela de Arquitectura) (first-cycle university course), a Diplomado/Diplomatura (terminal course), an Ingeniero Técnico (from Escuela de Ingeniero Técnico) (first-cycle university course), or a Maestro you can apply for a Top-up course at BU.
  • Postgraduate courses
    You can apply for a taught postgraduate course with us if you have a Licenciado/Titulo de Ingeniero/Titulo de Arquitecto or a GRADO.
  • Research programmes
    ​You need any postgraduate degree to be considered for a BU research programme.

You can find more information about English language requirements for entry to BU on our English language requirements page.

If you require a Tier 4 Visa to study in the UK, you can find more information on our immigration information page.