This is a guide to the normal entry requirements, assuming you’ve followed the Turkish education system. An admissions tutor will study your application, so make sure you include your academic background and personal information when you apply.
Entry requirements vary depending on what sort of course you’re coming to BU to study.
- BU International College Foundation Certificates
You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have successfully completed 12 years of schooling in Turkey and achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
- Undergraduate courses
You can apply to study a Bachelor's degree from year one if you hold an Ön-Lisans Diplomasi (Higher Technician Diploma, two years). If you have any of the following qualifications, you will need to complete a pre-university foundation certificate (such as the BU International College Foundation Certificate) before you can progress onto a Bachelor's degree:
- Divlet Lise Diplomasi (State High School Diploma)
- Lise Bitirme Diplomasi (Private High School Finishing Diploma)
- Devlet Teknik Lise Diplomasi (State Technical Four-Year High School Diploma)
- Devlet Meslek Lise Diplomasi (State Vocational or Trade High School Diploma)
- Please note that if you have studied at specific Turkish schools and have achieved an average of 4 out of 5 in any of the above-mentioned qualifications, you may be considered for direct entry onto a Bachelor's degree.
- Postgraduate courses
You need to have a Lisans Diplomasi (four years) to be considered for a postgraduate course at BU.
- Research programmes
You need any postgraduate degree to be considered for a BU research programme.
You can find more information about English language requirements for entry to BU on our English language requirements page.
If you need help with your visa or want more information about the immigration process, you can find it on our immigration information page.