Skip to main content

Tax Benefits for Education

USA students on an education loan to study in the UK might be able to claim a credit on the tax return called the American Opportunities Credit. In order to claim the credit and still file the tax return electronically, you will need the BU’s US tax ID number – generically referred to as Employer Identification Number: EIN 98-1109704.

For more information please visit the IRS website and also consult their information centre for additional guidance.