This page will give you an introduction to the Student Route.

Students who are not UK or Irish nationals need to have some form of immigration permission to study in the UK. Most students will be sponsored under the student route if they do not hold another type of immigration permission (such as the EU settlement scheme) which already allows study in the UK.

Bournemouth University is a Higher Education Provider (HEP) with a track record of compliance which allows us to sponsor international students. Our Immigration advice and compliance team work very hard to retain this status as there are many benefits to you that come from us holding this status such as the ability to make our own assessment of your English, no requirement to submit qualifications with your application and the eligibility to switch to after study work routes inside the UK e.g. Graduate Route and Skilled Worker.

As your student visa sponsor our responsibility for you begins at the point we issue your CAS and for as long as you study with us. Please be aware that this means we must report any changes in your circumstances to the Home Office to ensure we remain compliant with their rules please visit immigration compliance for more information about this.

If you believe there is an error on your visa you should contact us at [email protected] for information on how to get this corrected.

If your visa is refused for any reason you must contact International Admissions as soon as you hear so we can assess if your case is suitable for Administrative Review and your suitability for a new CAS.