Immigration compliance

We liaise direct with the Home Office regarding immigration compliance procedures for our students who apply for visas to study at BU. Please read the following important information about your visa responsibilities and what you need to do if you interrupt your studies, do not enrol, fail your assessments, or withdraw from your course.

Student visa responsibilities

It is important that you understand the responsibilities that come with your Student visa. There are immigration rules set by the Home Office that you must follow. Bournemouth University (BU) holds a Student Sponsor licence and therefore there are also certain immigration rules that we must follow. Please read this information very carefully and refer to it while you are studying with us.

If you interrupt your studies

If you do not enrol

If you fail your assessments

If you withdraw from your course

Immigration and visas

Immigration and visas

Get advice about your visa application and find the answers to a range of immigration-related questions.

The Base on Talbot Campus, with AskBU consultants talking to students

AskBU: contact us

AskBU is your one-stop-shop for student enquiries - you can contact us by email and phone, or drop in to see us at Talbot or Lansdowne Campus - we're open during term time and vacations.